Friday, March 24, 2017

Glorifying God - 1

The next few blogs I would like to discuss the attributes and characters of God, of Christ, of the Holy Spirit and the Angels.  It sounds so awesome, and I am not worthy to speak their names but I am hungry to know more about them, so lets start out with God, this has to be a very rewarding study, I'm sure.  I am also sure that the benefit I receive from this study will be AWESOME.  Let's get started.

By Praise

Psalm 22:23  "Ye that fear the Lord, praise Him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify Him and fear Him, all ye the seed of Israel."

By Good Works

Matthew 5:16  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

By Fruit Bearing

John 15:8  "Herein is my Father glorified that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.'

By Spiritual Unity

Romans15:6  "That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

By Entire Consecration

1 Corinthians 6:20  "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's"

After reading these verses, I realize that I need to let God do some work in my life that I may glorify Him more and more.  I need to praise Him more and let His light shine through me.  I certainly need to bear fruit to His glory and I should try to be an example of unity with my brothers and sisters, so that we could be of one mind and one mouth.  I also need to glorify Him more with better health.  Wow!  I have lots to surrender to Him for improvement, don't I.  Did it help you?  I surely hope so.  This was a good study and I think more is coming just like it.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment