Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Holy Spirit's Leadership in Our Lives

Listen!  The Holy Spirit may be speaking to you right now.  He has a way of correcting us if we are listening.  He guides us in God's pathway so we won't be making mistakes that we will be sorry for. He teaches us lessons that we are apt not to forget, hopefully we won't forget them. The lessons that I learn from Him, I can't forget, they are life changing, sometimes severe lessons that it's impossible to forget.  How about you?  I think you probably have experienced some lessons like that too.  So glad we have the Holy Spirit to lead, guide, teach and love and comfort us, we absolutely need Him in our lives in order to have a happy fulfilled life, don't you agree?  Following are some texts to give us an idea what kind of leadership He does.

Guides Into All Truth

John 16:13  "Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak of Himself but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come."

Controls the Movements of Believers

Acts 10:19,20  "While Peter thought on the vision the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.  Arise therefore and get thee down, and go with them doubting nothing: for I have sent them."

Directs in the Selection of Christian Leaders

Acts 13:2  "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them."

Chooses the Fields of Operation

Acts 16:6  "Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia."

Teaches Us What to Say

Luke 12:12  "For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."

John 14:26  "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you."

Obedience to the Holy Spirit, is a Mark of Sonship to God

Romans 8:14  "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

David's Prayer Regarding the Holy Spirit

Psalm 51:11  "Cast me not away from they presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me."

This last verse should be our prayer, shouldn't it?  I do not want the Holy Spirit to leave me to handle the battles of life alone.  I need Him every minute of every day, continually.  I truly cannot live without Him, and even then sometimes I slip up and make a mess out of things when I try to work things out myself.  Then I am so sorry that I slipped away for a moment and was caught up in Satan's plan, which I have learned to hate and I hope that I continue to hate his ways and listen to the Holy Spirits guidance in my life.  It is the only sure way to everlasting life with our Father in heaven.  I pray that God will impress your heart today with this little study on how we can have a victorious life in Christ, through His Holy Spirit, which He promised His people before He went back to His Father.
Let's let Him guide, teach, lead, love and comfort us each moment of every day.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment