Thursday, March 9, 2017

Making the Right Choice

It is our privilege in life to choose.  We have choices to make every day.  When I get up in the morning I have choices to make.What is the day going to bring?  How am I going to spend this day? In my condition, I don't have many things to pick from, but I can do some cleaning, I can cook, or I can knit, and like this morning, I chose to rise early and study God's word first, then when I have spent time with God, I will choose what comes next.  Choosing all day long.  I am going to give you some people examples who made choices, I think it will help both of us in our choices.

Joshua

Joshua 24:15  "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve, whether the gods which our fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Ruth

Ruth 1:16  "And Ruth said,Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee, for whither thou goest, I will go, and where thou lodgest, I will lodge; thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God."

Solomon

1Kings 3:9  "Give therefore thy servant and understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this Thy so great a people?

The Psalmist

Psalm 119:30  "I have chosen the way of truth:  Thy judgments have I laid before me."

Mary

Luke 10:42  "But one thing is needful; and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Moses

Hebrews 11:25  "Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season."

This has been a good study for me.  I have learned that I can make a choice as to what I am going to do moment by moment.  It is not a one time thing.  It is choosing all day long and when the end of the day comes I can be satisfied that I didn't waste my time in something that did me no good, but I accomplished something worthwhile.  For some reason, I never thought of it being a moment by moment thing, I had in my mind it was a once daily choice to make but no, its not, we can have a wonderful fulfilling day if we choose moment by moment what we will do.  I love that idea and will try to install that in my mind each and every morning.  I like to make God's word my first and most important for my first choice, and then I like to pray and ask Him to fill me with His Holy Spirit so that I will follow His leading through the day and there are friends and family that I want to pray for in a special way.  Praying for others keeps my mind off of self and my infirmities and I see prayers answered for others and it does my heart good to see others prosper in the Christian pathway.  I hope this little study helped you make right choices and your day will be fulfilling as you follow on to know your Savior.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment