Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Changed Life - part 6

Another fault that Peter had, he was timid and afraid.  I am very timid until I get to know a person and then I feel right at home with them.  There are some people that I have a fear of and just by their demeanor they scare me.  I can't tell you why, sometimes they have caused my fear by their straightforwardness and other times they are rude or speak unkindly.  When I am connected with God, I shouldn't be timid or afraid of anyone.  So it is something that I need to work on along with Peter.

Matthew 14:28  "And Peter answered Him and said, 'Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.'  So He said, 'Come,' and when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus, but when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, 'Lord, save me!"  I am afraid that I would have been every bit like Peter, although I love the water, I have never walked on it in a storm or any other time.

Then after Pentecost and the Holy Spirit came down and filled them, this is what happened.

Acts 5:28,29  "saying, 'Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name?  And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!' But Peter and the other Apostles answered and said; 'We ought to obey God rather than men."  Peter became fearless.  I want to be fearless when it comes to speaking for Jesus, don't you?

If we are filled with the Holy Spirit, it will change our lives like it did Peter's and the other Apostles. The other Apostles didn't seem to have as many hurtles to overcome as Peter did, that is why I chose Peter to show what the Holy Spirit did in His life.  He was a coward and became courageous, he was impulsive an became a humble disciple, he was ignorant and became enlightened, he was deeply inquisitive and became submissive, he was of a boastful nature and became boastful of Christ, he was timid and afraid and became fearless.

This is my last study on Peter, I hope you have learned something valuable, I have and I want to plead for the Holy Spirit's indwelling in my heart, how about you?  It will change you as it did Peter and I want to be changed, I am tired of my life the way it is, so let's work together and become like Peter became and we may have other faults that the Holy Spirit will be glad to remove for us if we ask.  I only touched on a few.
I want so much to have the Holy Spirit in my life, but it does take some effort in asking and being really, truly repentant so that He can dwell in us.  Let's take the time in prayer pleading for His presence in our lives.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment