Friday, October 11, 2013

Lord, Help my unbelief.

Do you have trouble believing in something that you cannot see?  I think we all have had problems with this.
It is natural for us to believe something that we see or can feel than it is to trust in something that we cannot see or feel.  I am one of those who like to see or feel before believing, but as I got to thinking about this, I realize that I have seen the hand of God in lots of ways and I have felt His healing touch in my life more than once, so then what is wrong with my believing?  We forget the way the Lord has led us, instead of counting our blessings over and over, we tend to forget.

What can we do to strengthen our faith in Him?  My answer to that is, what do you do when you find someone you are interested in to marry?  Or what do you do when you find a person that you think would make an excellent friend?  You want to spend time with them to get to know them to see if you really want them for a mate or friend.  It really is pretty simple to make sure that they are the one.

It is the same principle with God, we need to spend time with Him each day to get acquainted with Him and to see what kind of a Friend He is, I can tell you that you will never be disappointed.  You may not feel His strong and loving arms about you, but nevertheless He is still there bending over you in love, strengthening you, comforting you and just being the loving Father that He is.

How do we increase our faith?  By recounting the blessings that we have received from Him and reminding Him of them and He will pour out more blessings because we have been grateful for the ones we have been given.  It is always good to praise the Lord and thank Him for His many blessings whether great or small.  We have a tendency to forget the way the Lord has led us in the past and forget to thank Him and praise Him for His goodness towards us.

Hebrews 3:12  "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God."  This verse  confirms the fact that we need to stay in His presence, otherwise we may be overwhelmed with unbelief.

I have been blessed each day as I share my worships with you, that is one way of increasing our faith, sharing with others what God has done for us.  Also, recounting our blessings from Him increases our faith abundantly and puts us in a place to receive more and more, thus drawing closer and closer to Him. My prayer is for you to have this experience along with me.  May God bless you with increased faith so that all unbelief will be gone.

Mark 9:24  "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, 'Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"   Let this be our prayer with tears, 'Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.'  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment