Monday, October 28, 2013

Are You Satisfied With Life?

Can you plop down in a comfortable place and heave a sigh of relief and say, 'I am so satisfied with life and full of contentment, I am overjoyed and my life it  is so beautiful'?  Can you say this and mean it?  If not why not?
I don't know that I have ever felt completely that way, I think there have been times when I did, and I need to ask myself, 'why just times'?

Psalms 107:9  "For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

Psalms 91:16  "With long life, I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation."

Psalms 90:14  "Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days!"

My soul longs to be like Jesus and be filled with His Holy Spirit, and He has promised to fill the hungry soul with goodness.  I thank Him for that, and He has also promised to satisfy us with long life and show us His salvation.  He has also promised to satisfy us with His mercy that we may be happy all our days.  So why are we not satisfied with life.  Let us ask ourselves this question and see if can't remedy the situation.  I sure am going to try to find the remedy.

I believe the remedy is in keeping our heart and mind on Christ, the true remedy, everyone is so involved in their daily life and lots of self-pity going on, I am talking about myself, it is no wonder that we are not satisfied with our life.  Let's come up out of the pit we are in and look around and see the needs of others and become a giver instead of a taker.  Unbeknowns to me, I have been trying to practice this without any knowledge of how satisfied it will make you but it really does work, the more we give of ourselves, the more satisfied we will be with our life.  I have never thought of that before but I believe it is true.

We don't have to give gifts, money or things, just give of your time and what little things you can do and soon you will be able to give more, and want to do more for others.  Make time for others and see what that will do for you.  I believe that you will be more satisfied with your life.  You will have accomplished what Christ accomplished when He was here.  Giving is the secret to satisfaction.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment