Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thoughts on Humility - part 10 - conclusion

I must say this has been an outstanding study and my heart overflows with gratitude to my Father in heaven for showing me the real, true definition of humility.  My prayer is that I will be the most humble person that God can make of me.  I know that I am a mess, but He has all the tools necessary to make a beautiful character out of an ugly one.  Do you believe that?  I know it to be true.

I believe that 'humility is the key to a very important aspect of the Christian life and I am ever so grateful for the help that God has given me to understand it as well as I do. It seems like such a profound study, I am still working on understanding it.  But today, I have a few Bible characters that show us true humility and I would like to share them with you.

Jeremiah 1:6  "Then said I:  'Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth."  Jeremiah was just a youth when God called him to the prophetic work and he was very humbled by it.

Daniel 2:30  "But as for me, this secret has not been revealed to me because I have more wisdom than anyone living, but for our sakes who make known the interpretation to the king, and that you may know the thoughts of your heart."  Because of Daniel's humility he was promoted by the king to be ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief administrator over all the wise men of Babylon.  And he petitioned the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego over the affairs of the province of Babylon, but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.  Verses 48,49.  Another great story of humility.  Please take the time to read the whole story, another great lesson on humility.

Luke 1:43  "But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?  This was John the Baptist's mother Elizabeth, when Mary, Jesus mother came to visit her before John or Jesus birth.

John 3:30  "He must increase, but I must decrease."  This was John the Baptist speaking about Jesus ministry.  He was willing to be the forerunner of Christ and then take a back seat, so to speak.  In all humility, he was willing to give up his ministry to Christ.

Matthew 11:29,30  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  Christ has shown us from His life the path of humility and He says it is easy and the burden is light.  I believe that when we follow Jesus and stay  close to Him that this is very true, even through the trials of life, He makes it easier for us than if He were not by our side.

This is Paul speaking in Acts 20:19  "serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews."  Paul's life was full of hardships, but he never gave up his faith in God, regardless of circumstances even unto death.  His life was full of humility, of putting others first.

Micah 6:8  "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

God has shown us what true humility is and what He requires of us, to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.  Are we willing to take the step?  To walk humbly with God?  If not, why not?  And if you are, praise be to God.  I pray that you are, it will change your little world into a little heaven on earth.

I know that there are quite a few reading my blog each day and I would like to know if it is helping you to have a closer walk with God and if it is making you a happier Christian and your home a little heaven on earth.  It is mine.  If you are enjoying my worships, could you please let me know by your comments.  It would be so encouraging to me to keep going.  No praise or flattery please, just plain thankfulness.  I am only a tool in His hands and I am thankful to be allowed to come into your home and be a blessing to you.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment