Friday, October 25, 2013

God's Care Over Us - Part 3

We have been learning about the attributes of God and His care over us is absolutely fabulous, don't you think?  I would love to hear some of your stories about His care over you, you must have some good ones. Why don't you share some of them with me and my readers can have their faith increased through your stories.  We are reading Psalms 91 and today we are going to read:

Verses 10,11,12  "No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;  For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.  In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."  Here the angels are busy doing their Father's business, taking care of us lest we  fall and to protect us against plagues.  Some time back I told the story of a policeman that came to our rescue when we were out of gas and traveling in bare forsaken country and it turned out to be an angel because when he went back to his car we looked back and no car was there, for twenty miles, nothing.
I think it is wonderful that God sends His angels when He knows what might happen if He didn't.  I am so happy to know that we are well taken care of.

Verses 13  "You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot."  I am not sure what that is speaking of, but I take it that He will allow nothing to get in our way of the kingdom.  You may have your own ideas on this verse.  I haven't read any commentaries on it so will have to let it go with that.

I hope you are encouraged with God's care over you.  It is so awesome and I need to thank Him and praise Him more every day.  I hope you will do the same because without His care, I would hate to think what might happen to us.  May we always appreciate it.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment