Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Knowledge of God - In the Cross

God's love to us centers in the cross.  I cannot do it justice, my mind cannot comprehend it, my pen cannot write it and I cannot speak it with the power that it needs portrayed with.  I can only be a tool in God's hand to try to do my very best to explain that, "God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him  should not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16.

Philippians 2:6-8  "who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men, and being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross." He humbled Himself, put others first even esteeming them better than Himself.  Even to the point of death on the cross.

Here we have infinite wisdom, infinite love, infinite justice, infinite mercy, all bound up in one Man, Christ.
It is through Christ's gift on the cross that we receive grace and mercy, every gift that He bestows comes from the cross, that one unspeakable gift of love to us.

1 John 3:1  "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (and daughters) of God." In parenthesis supplied.
,
Isaiah 64:4  "Men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, Neither hath the eye seen a God besides Thee, Who worketh for him that waiteth for Him."  No wonder I cannot do it justice,  I've done my best, I know that according to the Bible, that when Jesus hung on the cross that He did not see through the agony to the resurrection morning.  He thought when He cried out 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me' that He would never see His Father again and He was willing to die that kind of death to save us.  What more can be said.

Will you accept His death for you?  Will I?  It is imperative that we do if we want to be with Him forever.
I beg you to consider your life, the road you are on, where are you bound, I pray that it is heavenward.  Will we meet on that beautiful shore forever to be with our Lord.  I surely hope so and I plan to, not just hope to. It is better to plan than just hope.  We could be lost while we are just hoping and desiring to be saved.
Grandma Joan wants to meet you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment