Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Safe Path

I told you how I got lost all alone on the wrong path on Mt Pitt, in Oregon. Well, there is a safe path for everyone who wants to find it.  I believe that I am on the right path to the kingdom of God but let's study it out to see.

Psalms 23:3  "He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake"

I feel like putting the whole chapter which isn't very long in here, but thought you might take time to read it this morning.  It is so good and tells how God will take care of us and lead us.

Psalms 17:5  "Uphold my steps in Your paths, that my footsteps may not slip."

Psalms 119:105  "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  He is willing to hold us up in the right path that we will not slip, and His word is the lamp we need to lighten our path so that we can be sure we are on the right path.

Proverbs 4:18  "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."
Our path will be like the shining sun that gets brighter and brighter until Jesus comes.  We can't go wrong if we stay in His word and walk in it.

Are you on the right path?  Am I?  I believe I am because I am taking God at His word and not adding to it or taking from it.  That is the only safe path for us today and has always been the only safe path.  God has outlined our path in His word, are you willing to follow?  I am by His grace.  Let's take His word as it reads, not adding or subtracting but as it reads and we cannot go wrong if we do that.

Stay on His path and be safe, there are so many directions from many different sources today but the only sure source is our God and His word.  There are many who follow tradition apart from His word but that will not save us.  That is what the Scribes and Pharisees did in Jesus day and He condemned their beliefs in tradition.  Jump over on the Biblical path and stay there, it is the only sure way to salvation.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment