Saturday, October 12, 2013

Some Thoughts on My Studies

You know, I was so blessed by my 'Thoughts on Humility' studies, that I realized that I do not study deep enough to really understand what God has for me in His Word.  This was a world of enlightenment.  I am so grateful that He has shown me how to study to get the most from it and apply it to my life.  I can't tell you how much doing this blog has helped me and hope that it is helping someone else as well.

It's been a great blessing to me and from now on I am going to put a lot into each study so that there won't be any reason not to understand.  That means that I will be putting a lot more time into them, which I have plenty of, most of the time.  I really want to be able to help others with their walk with God as I am being helped.  The condition of the world in it's present state needs all we can get from the Word of God to keep us going  and steadfast in our daily walk, nothing else is working this day and age. God's word is the only thing that is stable.

I was talking on the phone to my son the other day and we like to talk about things of God, which I am very thankful for.  He mentioned the word 'surrender' and I told him that he just gave me an idea for my next study, I think I have mentioned surrender before in one of my posts but this will be a deep study in to the meaning and how it fits into our lives.  I am anxious to get started on it.   I think it is going to open up our minds to an altogether different outlook on the word 'surrender'.

I always think of the word 'yield' when I think of surrender or 'giving up' but the word really means 'giving up control of to another'.  Like one country surrendering to another country.  In this case it would be 'surrendering the control of ourselves to God and letting Him control us.  A lot of people don't like that idea or they are afraid of what God is going to do with them.  We must remember that God is a loving God and only wants what is for our best good and happiness.  If we remember that, it will be easier for us to get the
meaning of the word 'surrender' and apply it to our lives.

There are blessings in surrendering and we need to know what they are and how we can receive them.  We also need to know how to surrender, it is easy to say, 'I surrender' but do we really mean it?  There is just so much talk but no actions on the talk.  We need to walk our talk or quit talking, I guess.  I am so intent on walking my talk, I can hardly put my Bible down to do anything else.  I want to learn all I can learn on how to be a blessing to others and be sure and walk my talk.  Are you with me?

Micah 6:8  "He has shown you O man what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humble with your God."

The studies on 'surrender' will show us how we can do what the Lord requires of us.  I am anxious to get started, so tomorrow will be the first in this series and I hope as we study along on this subject, we will be getting the idea of what 'surrender' really means and how to incorporate it into our lives.  Stay with me, this is going to be a great experience.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment