Saturday, October 26, 2013

Disappointments

Disappointment means according to the dictionary  - The non-fulfillment of one's hopes.  Do you have hopes that have been unfulfilled?  I have had some that have never been fulfilled to this day.  And I have had one that is in the process of being fulfilled at this moment, I hope.

Proverbs 13:12  "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."  I think I have quoted this verse before but it is important for us to realize that if we let God have control and when it is time, it will be realized and become like a tree of life to us.

Disappointments are hard to take, regardless of what they might be, I have been disappointed so many times as I am sure you have too, it seems to be a part of life to suffer disappointments.

The Disciples were very disappointed when their Savior was crucified  and put in a tomb, and even after He showed Himself to them, it was hard for them to believe until they saw the wound scars in His hands and His feet and the scar in His side where He was pierced.  Theirs was a heartbreaking disappointment but the joy that came when they were with Him again was beyond joy.

Habakkuk 3:17-19  "Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines, though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food.  Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls--Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The Lord God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills."

Though crops fail and there is no food, we may lose everything like Job did, yet we need to rejoice in the Lord and joy in His salvation.  This year I had the most beautiful crop of tomatoes, just like last year and one day we pick a few beautiful ones and the next day they were all damaged from a blight from the rain.  That was real disappointing to me because I had enough to share with neighbors and friends before they were damaged.  I may have gotten a dozen and a half out of all of them, plus some little cherry ones.

Romans 8:28  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  We don't always know why God does what He does but in the end it will be revealed to us and as we see the ending of things we will rejoice that He handled it the way He did.

I don't know why my tomato crop failed and I lost almost all of them, great, big beautiful ones but God knows and it's OK with me as long as He is in charge.  How do you feel about your disappointments?  Are they devastating or building faith in Him.  I am doing my very best to let Him build my faith in Him and not be disappointed anymore.  I am not saying that I will never be disappointed again, I can't guarantee that but I can give Him my life and let Him be in control, sure will take the stress out of life.  How about you?  Will you join me?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment