Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thoughts on Humility - part 6 - Blessings On The Humble in Spirit

I think it is time after all these studies on humility to see what God has in store for us when we humble ourselves in the presence of the Lord.  Pay close attention because this is GOOD.

Remember I mentioned King Solomon the other day and how God blessed him with a wise and understanding heart and because that is what he asked for, God also blessed him with riches and honor.  You will find that in 1 Kings 3:11-18  if you want to recap the story.  Also remember what Proverbs says in chapter 22: 4  "By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life."

2 Chronicles 7:14,15  "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place."  We want God's eyes open and His ears attentive to our prayers, don't we, so let's humble ourselves and seek His face and turn from our proud and evil ways and then He will hear us and answer our prayers.  What a beautiful promise.

Matthew 23:12  "And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
If we humble ourselves, we will be exalted, but that shouldn't be our goal, our goal is to humble ourselves and let the Lord do the exalting if there is any to be done.

James 4:10  "Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."  If we humble ourselves in His sight, He will lift us up, and it is OK if He does it, but we aren't responsible for the lifting up.

Isaiah 57:15  "For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."  OK, contrite means repentant, so if we have a repentant and humble spirit, He will revive our hearts and spirit and we do need revived, don't we?  I am so thankful for this study and so grateful for God's leading in it, it has blessed me abundantly and I hope you have been blessed but hold on, there are more blessings coming up in the next study.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment