Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Prayer Promises

There are some really good prayer promises and it is good to know what they are and claim them in our prayer time.  I have had many answers to prayer and I appreciate it very much but I know that it is only a fraction of the answers that God would like to give me if I just spend time with Him and surrender my life to Him completely and at this time in my life I am really trying to do just that.  If you have some answered prayers that you would like to share with others, please send them to me and I will gladly post them for encouragement to others.  Following are some texts I would like to share with you regarding this subject.

Psalm 107:9  "For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

Jeremiah 33:3  "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."

Matthew 7:7  "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

Matthew 21:22  "All things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

John 15:7,8  "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you.  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."

How is that for some awesome promises.  I want you to notice that all of these promises have conditions in them.  Not anything hard but conditions that God wants us to fulfill so He can fulfill His promises to us.

We must long after Him and hunger for Him as searching for great treasures.  He also says we must call unto Him and He will show us great and mighty things.  We must ask, seek, and knock before it can be opened to us.

We must believe that we will receive whatever we are asking for.  This is sometimes the hardest part for we humans, because it is so hard to believe in something or Someone that we cannot see.  But think of all the things we are missing out on because of our unbelief.

The last promise is, If you abide in Me and My words abide in you.  We must spend some time each day abiding with Him in His word.  This glorifies our Father and we will bear much fruit, and then we will be His disciples.

This little study has helped me so much this morning, I hope it has helped you.  I want to glorify my Father so much and be His disciple.  Don't you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment