Friday, August 14, 2015

Promises for Comfort.

Most everyone has needed Comforting some time in their life, but I was just thinking that God can use us to comfort others too.  We can be a tool in His hands to those who are hurting.  But He has promises for us too when we are hurting and I want to share them with you.

Isaiah 57:15  "For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite (crushed)  and humble spirit.  To revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

Isaiah 40:11  "The Lord tends His flock like a shepherd:  He gathers the lambs in His arms, and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young."

Psalm 56:8  "You keep track of all my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.  You have recorded each one in Your book."

Psalm 71:19-21  "Who, O God, is like You?  Though you have made me see troubles many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.  You will increase my honor and comfort me once again."

Jeremiah 31:13,14  "I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.....declares the Lord."

All of these verses are saying that He takes good care of us, what more could we ask?  And the last verse tops them all with turning our mourning into gladness and give us comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  What promises for those who are hurting.  I have found that sometimes it is hard when you are hurting really bad to get the Bible and read these promises but once you start, a miracle happens and mourning turns to gladness and sorrow turns to comfort and joy.  It has happened to me and I know He will do it for you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment