Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Promises for those suffering grief.

"Do you see my tears, God?"  I am sure there are a lot of sorrowing people that have asked that question.  Grief is so hard to bear and there are several things that cause us to grieve extensively.  I really don't need to name them, you know who you are and how weighed down with grief you are.  I am just a servant of God to help wipe away all those tears and sometimes I wish someone would have wiped away mine.  My latest grief was my husbands passing.  It's been three and a half years and  let me tell you I still grieve though silently and no one knows the heart ache except those going through it.  I want to share some promises regarding our tears and grief.

Psalm 56:8  "You keep track of all my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in your bottle.  You have recorded each one in your book."  (NLT)

Psalm 34:18  "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (NLT)

Revelation 21:4  "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, not crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away."

These are great promises aren't they, He does wipe away the tears and saves us when we are crushed in spirit.  We just have to believe His promises and He fulfills them.  It is always His will to comfort the sorrowing and He surely has done that for me and He will do that for you too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment