Sunday, August 23, 2015

Promises to help us persevere on our upward journey.

Do you like challenges.  I have always loved a challenge.  Usually challenges help us if we persevere at fulfilling them.  I usually succeed in being successful at a challenge, but not always.  I had one big challenge that I wanted to complete but never was able, because it took cooperation from others that didn't seem to be as interested in my challenge as I was.  It has always been a disappointment to me that I didn't succeed in fulfilling this one.  It was huge and I understand why it was hard to get others interested in it.  Perseverance is a real attribute in the Christian life and it is a real challenge to succeed but with God's help we can persevere until the end.  Let's check out these promises.

Philippians 3:14  "I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which Christ Jesus is calling us upward."

Hebrews 10:36  "For you need to have patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

1 Corinthians 15:58  "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."

James 1:12  "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him."

Galatians 6:9  "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Press on my friend, God waiting patiently for us to win the crown that He has prepared for us.  It will pay to persevere in our walk with God because the reward is eternal life with Him.  I am looking forward to that, aren't you.  What a day that will be!!!  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment