Friday, August 21, 2015

Promises for Wisdom.

We all need wisdom, don't we?  I know I do, every day to make right choices.  To obey God's will in our lives.  It all takes wisdom, and God has promised us wisdom abundantly as we need it.  I am so glad for that because right now we are trying to decide which home to buy and not be in debt, at least very much.  I pray each day that God will direct in our search and decision.  Wisdom is such an important part of life if we want to live it to the fullest, so let's see what God has promised us.

Proverbs 3:7  "Do not be wise in your own eyes."  (NKJV)

James 1:5  "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given him."(NIV)

Proverbs 4:11,12  "I will guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.  When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." (NIV)

Proverbs 2:1-5  "If you accept my words, and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight, and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."  (NIV)

1 Kings 4:29-31  "And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding, and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore.  Thus Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom, of all the men of the east and all the wisdom of Egypt, for he was wiser than all men."  (NKJV)

Can you have wisdom?  Yes, of course, God gives wisdom generously and He will give it to us as we need it.  If we walk in His way and do His will, we have access to His wisdom according to our need.
I need wisdom, and I am sure you can use wisdom in your everyday life just as I can.  I am going to pray for more wisdom because I need it.  How about you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment