Monday, August 10, 2015

Promises for those who have fears.

I will admit that I have a few fears but none of them are something I dread.  I fear snakes and spiders and a lot of women do that so I don't think it's unusual.  I am afraid of heights, very afraid of heights, so much so that my legs start paining when I am up high.  So I try not to do heights.  However, a plane ride is a fearful thing to me and I just have to think about something else when I'm up there. Then when that 'German Wing' went down because the pilot wanted to kill himself, that did it for me.  Don't know if I will ever fly again.  I had just done a long flight from Miami to Seattle and I could almost feel the fright that those poor people had on that plane when they realized what was happening.  Fear is not good and I know that God can do away with our fears because we had a black snake come into our motor home this past summer in Missouri, and it startled me pretty bad but we never saw him again, and my fears went away and I don't know where he went but I'm sure he went out.  I know if I had to fly again, I probably would do it and would be OK with it.  God does take care of our fears.  Here's some promises:

Psalm 27:1  "The Lord is my light and my salvation;  Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life;  Of whom shall I be afraid?" NKJV

Psalm 34:7  "The Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them."  NKJV

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  NKJV

Yes, He does take care of our fears, but I would never be presumptuous enough to do something that I didn't need to do just to see if God has taken my fears away.  I don't believe in presuming on His mercy.  He has been very merciful to me and I know He will be to you too.  Just trust Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment