Monday, August 17, 2015

Promises for healing.

Healing covers a lot of areas in our lives. Spiritual, emotional, mental, physical and any other area that you are needing healing.  I believe Spiritual is the most important, but we can't really serve the Lord with all our being if we are sick physically, emotionally or mentally.  So perhaps we need fully restored to wholeness in order to serve Him with our whole heart.  These are just my thoughts as I ponder healing.  I do ask God to help me with my posts so they will bless others, so let's look at a few verses regarding healing.

James 5:15 "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."

Psalm 23:3  "He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake"

Jeremiah 30:17 (first part)  "I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord."

Psalm 103:2,3  "Bless the Lord O my soul,  And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities and heals all your diseases."

Matthew 7:7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened  to you."

James 5:15 I believe covers every kind of sickness, even sin sickness.  Psalm 23:3 is talking about our soul, which I believe is our spiritual ills. Jeremiah 30:17 is talking about our health and our wounds.  Psalm 103:2,3 is praising the Lord and not to forget to thank Him for all His blessings that He bestows upon us daily in our lives, He forgives us and heals our diseases. In Matthew 7:7  We are told to 'ask' and it will be given to us and 'seek' and we will find and 'knock' and it will be opened to us.  I believe that when we seek God with all our heart, we will have our minds open to His leading and will understand how we can help ourselves and if we are following His health rules, we can expect to receive healing according to His will and we will accept His will.  Does that make sense to you?  It does to me and I am going to ask God where I am failing to follow His will and ask for His healing and trust His answer for my best good.

This little study has helped me tremendously and I hope it has helped you.  We all need healing of some kind or another and we know from the Scriptures that when we ask for Spiritual healing He is more than willing to save us from ourselves and heal our Spiritual life.  I know this is true of other conditions too but if we have brought our sickness upon ourselves, He will want us to surrender the problem to Him and let Him heal the cause before we can be healed physically.  He loves us and if we are presumptuous enough to go back to our old ways after He has given us healing, He knows what we will do with the healing and cannot honor a presumptuous prayer.  I am talking to myself right now and if it helps you, I thank the Lord for using me to help you.  I am going to study this little post thoroughly and take stalk of my own life and actions to see if I am being presumptuous, which I am pretty sure that I have been and I need to ask for forgiveness first which He is always ready to do.  And then bring my life into line with His Word and leave the rest to Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment