Saturday, August 22, 2015

Promises to help us be more patient.

Are you impatient?  Sometimes I am, I hate to wait for something and I am letting God subdue me and make me more like Him and patience is a much needed trait that I need to pray for.  There are so many ways that we can be impatient.  I always want to be punctual and I expect others to be punctual too and if they aren't it seems to me to be disrespectful of my time to keep me waiting.  Do you have that problem too?  Something I need to pray about.  Patience with our children at any age.  We need to be kind and considerate of their feelings and impatience with them hurts them.  I wish I had learned these lessons a long time ago.  So let's see what God says about patience.

1 Corinthians 13:4,5  "Love is patient, Love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

Galatians 5:22,23  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith-fulness, gentleness and self-control."

Psalm 37:4  "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 27:14  "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart;  Wait, I say on the Lord."

Psalm 37: 7,9  "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him;  Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass....For evil doers shall be cast off;  But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth."

Can you see how important it is to have patience and the reward of possessing such a character trait?
He will give us the desires of our heart.  He will also strengthen our heart.  Those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.  What promises!  I am going to do my best to remember these texts, for they certainly encourage patience.  May we all be blessed with these promises.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment