Saturday, August 29, 2015

Promises for the rest we need.

Everyone needs rest, I know at my age I for sure have to rest more than ever before.  God wants us to rest one whole day a week.  Does anyone know what day He picked?  I will let you look it up and find out.  You just might be surprised.  Email me and let me know if you found it.  Be sure to give me the text where it is.

Matthew 11:28-30  "Come unto Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jeremiah 31;25  " I will refresh the weary,  and satisfy the faint."

Psalm 62:1, 2  "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

Psalm 91:1  "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

I'm weary, are you?  I need rest for my spirit as well as for my soul.  The above verses promises rest for us if we are willing to rest in God alone.  We have the invitation to 'Come unto Him, if we are weary and burdened and He will give us rest.  He will refresh us and if we are faint, He will satisfy us.  We can dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in His shadow.  These are awesome thoughts about resting.  Our minds need rest too.  Sometimes we are overburdened in our minds and we need to lay all those burdens on Him and He will give us the rest that we need.  I love that!  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment