Monday, August 3, 2015

Promises for Love.

Doesn't it seem to you like love is scarce these days?  I'm speaking of real love for God and for each other.  I'm not sure that we understand what real love is, there is so much fake and phony love out there.  I want to share something from the Bible with you that describes what real love is.  Then I have an invitation to extend to you, listen closely or I should say read closely and take every word in.

1 Corinthians 13:  (the word charity in these verses mean love so I will replace the word charity with love as I print it.)  Verse 4 - 8.  "Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, enudreth all things,  LOVE NEVER FAILS."

1 John 4:19  "We love Him because He first loved us." NKJV

I know that this is a hard saying if we try to do this on our own, it is impossible.  But with God's help we can, over time be filled with His love and these things will come into our lives in a quiet manner and before you know it you will be practicing this kind of love.  My invitation to you is, Ask God to come in and change your heart to a heart of love to match His love.  Can you do that?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment