Friday, August 7, 2015

Promises for those who feel forsaken.

I know what it feels like to not 'belong'.  I spent several years taking care of my husband and not being able to get to church often and not having a whole lot of fellowship from any Christian friends that could have encouraged me, so I sort of know what it feels like to feel forsaken.  Everyone needs friends and the more the better.  Then this past September my son came to live with me and he has an outgoing spirit and is friendly and started taking me to church and he was making friends and it spilled off on me and now I have quite a few friends and no longer feel forsaken.  I am lonely a lot but God usually supplies me with things to do that help the loneliness.  This is one of the things I can do to help others and fill my time and it draws me closer to God which is the best part.  So for those of you who feel forsaken, here are some promises.

Deuteronomy 31:6  "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you, He will never leave you or forsake you."  NKJV

Psalm 9:10  "Those who know Your name, will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You."NIV

So is it possible to not feel forsaken? Yes, it is.  I don't feel that way any more.  I have allowed people to get close to me, am not afraid of people any more and yes, God has done a lot of healing for me and He will do it for you too.  Grandma Joan  (Comments are welcome and so are questions)

No comments:

Post a Comment