Saturday, August 15, 2015

Promises for Kindness.

I kind of touched on kindness when I did the promises on friendships.  There are so many things we can do that are acts of kindness, and we all have different talents to demonstrate kindness.  I love being hospitable, and being a helping hand to someone in need.  I try to think up things that I can do for others.  Of course at my age and with my handicaps, I am limited to what I am able to do and you might be too.  But we can always find some way to show kindness.  Let's see what the Bible says about kindness.

Romans 12:10  "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another."

Ephesians 4:3, 32.  "Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.  Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

Matthew 5:44  "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."

1 Thessalonians 5:15  "Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and everybody else."

I guess these verses were more of admonition than promises, but the outcome is promised if we are kind to those around us.  I've tried this and it works wonders at making friends.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment