Monday, August 31, 2015

Promises for the salvation for sinners

Are you a sinner in need of God's grace and mercy.  The Bible says that  "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  Romans 3:23.  According to the Bible we are all sinners and need His mercy and grace in order to live a righteous life.  Our salvation is secure in Christ, but outside of  Christ we need to ponder some promises that will give us great hope.  I am sure you will agree with me that we all need hope, I know I do, so let's see if we can find hope in these scriptures.

Luke 19:10  "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." NKJV

Isaiah 59:1  "Behold the Lord's hand is not shortened that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear, but your iniquities have separated you from your God."

Jeremiah 31:17  "There is hope in your future, says the Lord,  that your children shall come back to your own border."

Hosea 14:4  "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely."

Just knowing that Jesus came to this earth just to save us is an awesome thought.  Why would He suffer such a painful death to save me?  The only reason that I can come up with is that His love is so great that He couldn't bear to leave us in this sinful world without making every effort to save us to Himself.  God's love is so great that He was willing to sacrifice His Son and watch Him suffer and die on a cruel cross just for you and for me.  We can't fathom such love, it is beyond our reasoning power.

All we can do is accept His great love for us and have faith in His redeeming power that He can and will save us if we consent to His will for us.  If we contemplate this love and what He has done for us, we will love Him more and more.  That is my prayer, that I will love Him more and more. He will save us if we let Him.  I want to be with Him forever, don't you?   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment