Thursday, August 20, 2015

Promises to keep us from worrying.

Are you a 'worry wort'?  I can tell you the truth, I don't know if I am or not.  I don't think I am but maybe I am and will find out from this little study.  If we trust in God, we shouldn't be worrying about anything, but it is so easy to take things into our own hands and then we have lots to worry about.  Isn't that true.  Whenever we take things out of His hands and try to take care of them ourselves, it is a sure thing, that things will go wrong for us.  I'm sure that you have experienced that,  I know that I have in the past and usually when we do things our own way, we end up in trouble of some kind.  So let's see what God promises about worrying.

Philippians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  When we think of riches, we think of money or the equivalent, but as for me, I am very poor in health right now and I think about the riches in health, how healthy I use to be and what I was able to do and now have been reduced to being handicapped and not able to do very much.  I still cook and clean but have to rest a lot because of my heart.

Luke 12:22  "Then Jesus said....'do not worry about your life, what you will eat;  or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes....But seek His kingdom and these things will be given to you as well."  I think this is saying that if we seek Him first, all these things will be supplied, isn't that what it sounds like? I think so.

Philippians 4: 5-7  "The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  A wonderful promise for sure.

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed."  Another wonderful promise. They are all good aren't they.

Romans 8:28  "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

I'm blessed and challenged, how about you?  I have known all these things for many years but guess I never applied these promises to my life as I should have.  I know that God is blessing me even before I ask, for example my heart stops in the night and starts up again before I die. This is what my cardiologist  told me yesterday and I am down for a pace maker. That is a blessing indeed.  I should have no fear knowing that all these promises pertain to my life and they also pertain to your life too.  Let's take them seriously and believe what He says and rest in His promises.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment