Monday, March 17, 2014

Am I Ready?

Am I ready?  That is a great question when you are about to turn 83 years old.  I know, you are probably thinking, what does this old lady have to say or do about this subject, but just because I am about 83 years old, does not mean my mind is a wreck.  I still think clearly most of the time, if the subject is worth thinking about.  So many things today are not worth my time to think about them.

I am concerned that my life is a life worth living, and that I am an example of Jesus when He was here on this earth.  I know that when I was twelve years old I was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit and it meant so much to me at the young age of twelve but that has been a few years ago and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.  I believe that had I been taken at the age of twelve, I would have been ready.

But since I know from the scriptures that I am saved moment by moment as I live my life, I do question the fact, 'Am I ready?'  I think it is so important for us to be ready to meet Jesus when He comes the second time to this earth to take His children home with Him that as old as I am, I want to be ready and it is the most important thing in my life right now.  I don't dwell on it but I do question some of the things that have been a lifelong habit, that maybe, just maybe Jesus doesn't approve of this thing or that and I think it is a good idea to check in with Him and make sure my life is a life free from the riffraff of this world.  What do you think?

We are instructed in Matthew 24:44 "Therefore you also be ready for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."  These were Jesus very own words and I think it is appropriate to read and listen to His call to be ready.  Young and old could be taken in an accident, illness or whatever it could be and so it is very important for us to be ready.

Am I ready?  Moment by moment He is preparing me to be ready and yes there are some moments that I can say I am ready but I don't want to be presumptuous to think He will save me in my sin either, because I know better.  Heaven is a perfect place and I don't want to think that He would spoil all heaven with someone clinging to their sin.  We know better than that, don't we?

So let's be ready moment by moment and hour by hour and day by day and then for sure we will be ready to meet Him when He comes in the clouds of Heaven to gather up His faithful children.  I am so looking forward to no more sorrow, pain  and the troubles of this world.  Aren't you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment