Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rest In The Lord.

Are you tired?  Do you need rest?  Is your Christian walk difficult?  Are you struggling with things in your life that shouldn't be there?  Are you suffering with pain and sickness?  There is a quote from one of my favorite books, 'The Desire of Ages' and I probably won't do it justice but it's packed and so can't give it to you word for word, but it goes something like this, 'when you are tired and in pain, just rest in the arms of Jesus'.  I like that and I think of that often when things get hard for me, and I try to just rest in His arms for a while. If you don't have that book, you should order it from Amazing Facts, just press on the button that says 'Amazing Facts' and it will take you to their store.  You won't be sorry, the whole book is on the life of Christ. It is the best that was ever written and is in the Library of Congress.

Psalms 37:7  First part. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him."  Are you impatient with your Christian growth, rest in the Lord and wait patiently for His help.  He is there and He is patiently waiting for us to come to Him for help.

Matthew 11:28-30  Jesus very own invitation to us today.  "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for you souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

If we yoke up with Him and rest in His arms, He will carry our burdens because He says His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  He wants us to give our burdens to Him to carry because what He places on us is His yoke and his burden which are not heavy and if we stay yoked up to Him it will be easy for us.  That is His invitation and His promise to us who are weary.

Won't you give your heavy burdens to Him?  If you are tired and struggling in your Christian walk, if you are struggling with pain and sickness, won't you rest in His arms and find the peace from all these struggles  that are confronting you.  Please understand that He is waiting patiently for you to release them to Him.  I know that He will carry them for you.  May God bless you is my prayer.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment