Friday, March 14, 2014

Our Faltering Steps

Right now I am going through some very important decisions that will affect my future very much and I need to make sure that I am stepping in the right direction.  I need a motor home to live in and the price has to be right and it has to be clean and livable and the motor has to be sound, so many things to think about and watch out for.

Then I have a car I want to keep, the mileage is low and I have kept it in very good condition and so I need to tow it behind the motor home and the book said it was not towable, so now what do I do?  I got on the internet to see if I could find someone else who had my car and what they said about it.  The company said they couldn't say, and so I found a site that a man had just the same car and he has towed it for thousands of miles on a tow dolly and the next person said how to fasten it down so it wouldn't damage the car.  I consider all of that an answer to my prayer for direction.  I need a tow dolly now and I know the Lord will provide and also provide a motor home that will be what I need and the price will be right.  I still have a month to make all these decisions.  What does God say about our Faltering Steps, I need to know.

Psalms 37:23,24  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his way; Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;  For the Lord upholds him with His hand."

Psalms 40:2  "He also brought me up of a horrible pit; out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock."

Proverbs 16:9  "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

1 Peter 2:21, 22  "For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth."

Ok, I would say that I found some very good advice, what do you think?  The first verse above says that the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, well, that leaves me completely out because I am not good, then I remember that Jesus is standing in my place before His Father and He is good. So my steps can be ordered by the Lord.

Yes, He has brought me up out of a horrible pit of selfishness and sin and has set my feet upon the Rock Christ Jesus and yes, I have been planning my way but He is directing my steps and I praise Him for that.
I have been called to be like Jesus and to follow in His Steps, that is quite a challenge but it is very possible if I am surrendered to Him in everything I do.  I am really learning to trust Him in all of these decisions that I have to make and rest in His care for me.  It is a wonderful feeling to have Him take my worries and troubles upon Himself and set me free.  This is the way I want to live my life, how about you?  Freedom is what I need and I am quite sure I am not the only one who needs to learn to trust Him implicitly.  I can only say,
'thank you Lord for your patience and for teaching me your way and guiding my steps.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment