Saturday, March 8, 2014

Help Me To Love You More!!

I don't know about you, but for me, I have a deep longing in my heart to love more, especially to love God more and I can't make myself love Him more and so today, I am going to study a little while on how I can love Him more.  I hope you will stick with me as I explore this vital topic.

1 John 4:19  "We love Him, because He first loved us."

John 14:15  "If you love Me, keep My commandments." 

Verse 21  "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.  And he who loves Me will be loved of My Father, and I will love him and manifest (reveal) Myself to him."

Verse 23  "Jesus answered and said to him, 'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

This is all I can find on loving Him.  And it looks like that we love Him because He first loved us, and if we love Him we will keep His commandments.  Also, it looks like if we want Him to reveal Himself to us we will keep His commandments.  If we love Him, we will keep His word, and Jesus said that they will come and make their home with us.  I can't think of anything better than that.  I want Him to reveal Himself to me, don't you?  And also to make their home in Me.  What an awesome thought!  So how can I love Him more?

I love Him because He first loved me.  So anyone can love Him, because He loves us first.  Evidently when we keep His commandments, our love grows deeper because we spend time with Him in reading His word and our love responds to His love for us.  Staying in His presence evidently increases our love for Him.

I know that when we are young and looking for a mate, that the more time we spend with them, the more we care about them and soon that caring turns to love for them, so it has to be the same with God, so He has helped me by this little study to 'Love Him More".  Has it helped you?  I just need to spend more time with Him in His word and in prayer, and I will learn to Love Him More. My problem is that I don't spend enough time with Him in prayer, I see that now.  Thank you for letting me share my inmost thoughts with you today and the study has really helped me a lot.  I hope by God's grace it has helped you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment