Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Is the Person---

Do you need more happiness in your life?  I think we would all probably say 'yes' to that question.  I don't mean boistrously happy, I just mean a happy, contented spirit within us. For some of us, it is hard to find happiness, it just seems to escape us, it is always something we are searching for.  And for others of us we seem to spill out with happiness most of the time.  What is the difference?  I don't know if I can answer that, but I am sure the Bible will help us to get on the path to happiness and maybe we will see the difference from our study, I don't know but let's find out.

Proverbs 3:13  "Happy is the man (or woman) who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding."

Proverbs 14:21 last part,  "But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he."  Have you ever noticed that when you really, truly help someone in need, it lifts your spirits up out of the pit of 'poor me'?

Proverbs 16:20  "He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trust in the Lord, happy is he."

Proverbs 29:18  "Where there is no revelation the people cast off restraint, but happy is he who keeps the law."

John 13:17  Jesus speaking, "If you know these things, happy are you if you do them."  You can read the rest of what these things are in John 13:13 and on.  Some suggested study on your own.

We are happy when we find Godly wisdom and gain understanding of His word.  I remember one place we lived that we were having a Bible study at our home once a week and one evening one of the younger men of the group made a comment of how they were growing in Jesus, and when I went to bed that night, I was so elated I could hardly go to sleep.  They were spiritually poor and were being helped, it doesn't have to be monetarily poor, it can be spiritually poor.

In 1 Peter 5:7  "Casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you."  When we cast all our care upon Him then it is time to trust Him with all that care and Proverbs says, 'Happy is he'.  Can you imagine what that is like to let Him take all your care, it is such a relief and does bring a happy spirit.

Have you noticed or maybe not you, but someone who breaks the law, how they feel.  Speeding ticket, or even a parking ticket.  I remember not to long ago I forgot to put up my handicap sign when I parked and I came out to a $450. ticket, my heart sank and I felt terrible and wondered where I would get the money to pay it.  Fortunately when I went in it was canceled because I took my handicap card in and showed it to them.  What a relief!!!!!  Well it is the same with God, when we don't know His law we stumble around trying to live a normal life, but when His law is revealed to us, we can find happiness by keeping it.

The things that Jesus has taught us in His word to do makes us happy when we do them.  Do you want happiness?  Well, we just studied how we can improve that state of mind, didn't we?  I am going to let Him control my life more as I see that is where real happiness comes from, how about you?  It seems simple enough to me.  Let's try it and see if our happiness doesn't increase.  It's worth a try, isn't it?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment