Friday, March 21, 2014

Let's Praise Him

I know that I don't praise God like I should.  He is always doing wonderful things for me and yet I forget that it is He that is doing them.  I was thinking about this and the first thing that came to my mind was to praise Him for His loving kindness.  I guess thanking Him is the same as Praising Him.  I know when I fell a few weeks back that I was thanking Him every time I thought about it that I didn't break any bones.  That was a miracle in itself, I had a huge bruise on my broken hip that I had years back, but no breaks.  I still thank Him for that when I think of it because it was such a great relief to only have bruises.

How do you feel about praising Him and thanking Him?  We have so very much to be thankful for.  I know that I have talked about this before but I want to read some texts that have to do with praising Him.

Psalms 139:14  "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made,  Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well."  We are fearfully and wonderfully made, in His image if you please.

Psalms 99:3  "Let them praise Your great and awesome name--He is holy."

Psalms 21:13  "Be exalted, O Lord, in Your own strength!  We will sing and praise Your power."

Psalms 89:5  "And the heavens will praise Your wonders, O Lord, Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the saints."

Psalms 138:2  "I will worship toward, Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your loving kindness and Your truth; for you have magnified Your word above all Your name."

Psalms 145:4  "One generation shall praise Your works in another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.

The Psalms are full of praises, I only touched on a few things that we can praise God for and most of them are things that we take for granted and never think of praising Him for, I am speaking of myself here.  This is an eye opener for me.  I need to praise Him a whole lot more than I do and when I see what He has done for me I surely need to praise Him a lot more than I do.  How about you?  Do you need to praise Him more?

This really hits me to the core of my being, He is such a great and wonderful God and I sometimes don't realize His majestic being and how awesome He is and how reverent I should be when I come before Him in prayer and praise.  I expect answers to my prayers and He expects thanksgiving and praise from me.  Is that too much to give in  response for His love and care for me and all the answers to my prayers He has bestowed upon me.  How selfish of me to only think of what I can get and not what I can give to Him.

I really want to praise Him more, don't you?  I hope that this study has helped you as much as it has helped me.  I can see how selfish I am about my wants and how selfish I am about thanking and praising Him.  I want His unselfish spirit in my life, don't you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment