Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sharing Our Feelings

It is so good to have someone to share your feelings with.  I miss my husband so much and that is one of the main things we did was share our feelings with each other and when that is gone, who do you share with?  It's hard to share with some people because they think you are gossiping, or finding fault or just don't like somebody when that is not the case at all.  Most of the time it just helps to get things out in the open so you can see what it looks like and with a little help from your spouse, you can really see what it does look like in someone else's eyes.  Very good to find out what something looks like to someone else.  And their advice on how to handle things can be most helpful too.

Galatians 6:2  "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."  It is good to help lift someone else's burdens, it not only helps them, it helps you too to help lift their burdens as much as you can, and you can always tell them to let Christ share them too and that really helps.

Hebrews 13:3  "Remember the prisoners as if chained with them--those who are mistreated--since you yourself are in the body also."  I understand from those that do prison ministries that it is a very rewarding work, and they come away overjoyed with their encounters with prisoners.  Sharing their feelings, listening to their heartaches and their sorrow over why they are there.  It would be a very rewarding ministry.

In John 11, Jesus expresses His feelings of sorrow over one of His best friends death.  It says, 'Jesus wept'.
You can read the chapter, it is very touching and also the ending is very exciting.  Jesus also feels our pain and sorrow and wants to bring us healing as well.

Luke 10, This is the story of the Good Samaritan that found a fellow traveler that was wounded and stopped to show compassion on him, and treating his wounds and taking him to an Inn to be cared for and paid for his care also.  Sharing feelings for a fellow traveler, who was a stranger to him.  A good example for sharing with a stranger.

Acts 20:35  "I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak.  And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive."  Isn't that the truth, it is more blessed to give than to receive.  I love to give, but sometimes I don't have anything to give but some love and let others know that I care but when I can give material, I try to do that too, to those who are weak or have encountered misfortune.  Lately it seems I am on the receiving end but when I get on the
giving end, I will repay for all I have received, if not to the giver maybe to others who are in need.  It just depends on the circumstances.  I love to give.  Do you?  I am sure that most people do and I hope you will share your feelings with others to help them on their upward walk.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment