Sunday, March 16, 2014

He Will Strengthen Us.

We have talked a lot about Christian growth and it is an important  subject to talk about because we all need to grow in our Spiritual life, don't we?  I do, but sometimes I feel so weak and frail in my Christian walk and I thought it would be good for me this morning to talk about being strengthened.  I need this so very much and I know that some of you probably do too.   We could all use the strength that God is willing to give, right?

Psalms 27:1  "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid."

Psalms 46:1,2  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea."

What an awesome God, He is telling us in these verses that no matter what happens He is our refuge and strength.  Are you weak and frail like me?

Isaiah 40:29  "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."

2 Corinthians 12:9  "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  So many wonderful promises for me in my weakness.

Psalms 27:14  "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart;  Wait, I say, on the Lord."  We could use a little patience here, couldn't we?  Are you willing to wait on the Lord? I want to be, I need Him to strengthen my heart.

Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  We can all say this, because He will strengthen us.  These are wonderful promises for those of us who are weak and struggling in our Christian walk.

Will you join me in letting Him strengthen us so we can be stronger more stable Christians?  We need His strength to face the battles of life that want to swallow us up and cause us to lose out on eternity with Jesus, which is my goal, is it yours?  I hope so, so be strengthened in the Lord and life will be so much easier to face if we face it with Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment