Monday, March 3, 2014

The Healing Jesus - part 4

How's your health today, are you finding healing in His name?  It doesn't happen all at once for most of us but gradually we will find the healing that we need most.  Sometimes it is so gradual that we don't even notice it until its done and all of a sudden, we realize that whatever was wrong with us, it is gone.  Then it's time for thanksgiving and praise to His Holy Name.  That has happened to me, it was so gradual that I didn't even know what was happening until I got knocked down on the concrete and was able to get up without calling out for help.

There was a woman in the Bible that had been bleeding for twelve years and not a doctor could help her, and she couldn't really go out in public like that but she heard of Jesus and His healing powers and she thought in her heart that this was her only hope, and she tried to get close enough to Him to ask for healing but the crowd was so great that she said to herself, 'if I could only touch the hem of his garment then perhaps I could be healed and that is just what she did.  She got close enough to Him to touch the hem of His garment and she was instantly healed.  Jesus felt the power of healing leave Him and asked, 'Who touched me?'  And Jesus turned and saw her and said to her, 'Be of good cheer daughter, your faith has made you well."  You can read this story in Matthew 9:20-22.

Then there is the story of the bowed over woman in the temple, I can really relate to this story because I have broken all my vertebrae in my back and the pain is to great to stand tall like I use to do.  I use to be five feet six inches and now I am four feet eleven inches.  So you can see the toll my disease has taken on my body, and I would love to stand  tall again but if not now, I know when Jesus comes, I will stand tall again.

Luke 13:10-13  "Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.  And behold there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.  But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her 'woman, you are loosed from your infirmity' and He laid His hands on her and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God."

Do you like these two stories of Jesus healing women?  I do, because I am a woman I guess, but they are not the only stories of healing women.  What I noticed about the one in Luke 13, that it says, 'immediately she was made straight, and glorified God'. So important that we glorify God in our blessings from Him.

Have you suffered from a disease for twelve years like the woman above, then turn to Jesus, it may be a physical disease that is wearing out your life forces, or it may be a Spiritual disease that is wearing our your life forces.  Whatever it is, turn to Jesus for healing, remember He heals us Spiritually first and there may be something in your life that He needs to remove, so let Him remove it and bring healing to your soul.  He is bringing healing to mine and I am so very grateful.  God bless you with Spiritual healing, it is so very important for our well being to be healed Spiritually.  May you find the healing Jesus.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment