Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Empowering Love

I guess I can't talk about the Love of God enough.  I need to understand such love in greater detail.  Not sure I am capable but let's give it a try, shall we?  We know that He sent His Son to die for us, most everyone knows that, but does that knowledge sink in?  Can we understand what great love that took?  I am not sure that I do.  I try but our earthly love doesn't even compare to God's love for us, does  it?  I don't think so.

2 Corinthians 5:14 first part,  "For the love of Christ compels us..."  The dictionary says 'compel' means 'constrain'.  If we are constrained, we are kept from doing something, probably something that we want to do but is not good for us.  Figuratively speaking, He puts a wall around us so we are safe from our adversary the devil.  I really, truly believe that He does just that.  He takes away our desires to sin.

Galatians 5:6  "For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision or uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." Our faith is energized by His love. This looks like the solution to more faith, let His love energize our faith.  I need more faith, do you?  Most of us could use a lot more.  The more someone loves you the more you have faith in them and that causes you to love them more too. It's the same with God, the more we understand His love for  us and we let that love penetrate our lives and hearts, the more we will love Him and the more we love Him, the more we will want to be like Him.

His love keeps us in His presence and keeps us from sinning.  It also energizes our faith in Him so that our love for Him will grow fonder and fonder as He keeps us in His presence.  Don't you want His love to keep you and energize your faith?  I know that I do.  I never thought of these things in this way before and it is really an eye opener.  It helps me realize that as I have been encouraging others to stay in His presence, this just capitalizes on this very thing.

His Empowering love keeps us and strengthens our faith and makes it so much easier to be what He wants us to be, doesn't it?  I think it does.  This has been a blessing to me, I hope you have been blessed too.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment