Saturday, March 29, 2014

Office of the Holy Spirit

Ezekiel 36:26,27  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."

MB 7  "Whom Christ pardons, He first makes penitent, and it is the office of the Holy Spirit to convince of sin.  Those whose hearts have been moved by the convicting Spirit of God see that there is nothing good in themselves.  They see that all they have ever done is mingled with self and sin.  Like the poor publican, they stand afar off, not daring to lift up so much as their eyes to heaven, and cry, 'God be merciful to me a sinner'.Luke 18:13.  And they are blessed.  There is forgiveness for the penitent, for Christ is 'the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.'  John 1:29.  God's promise is; 'though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.'  'A new heart also will I give you....And I will put My Spirit within you.  Isaiah 1:18 and Ezekiel 36:26,27."

Shall we let the Holy Spirit do His office work in our hearts.  Pray for His Spirit to fill you and you will be filled if you make it a daily practice to walk in the Spirit.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment