Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Healing Jesus - part 3

Have you every noticed that when you think everything is going just right, something else pops up to destroy that thinking.  That has happened to me so many times and there is a lesson in it for me at least.  I think it might have something to do with my ego, I get to thinking that I am doing alright and maybe now I am ready to meet Jesus when He comes and then I find out that there is something deep seeded in my heart that needs a cleansing.  I think the saying, 'Sanctification is the work of a lifetime' is so very true and sometimes I forget that.  I begin to think I have been Sanctified and now I am ready to meet Jesus.  It's very humbling when He brings something else to your mind that needs cleansing, and sometimes it is a deep seeded thing that you almost feel it needs an operation to get it out.

Well, we do have a Great Physician don't we?  One who never fails us if we ask in all sincerity to have something removed from our lives, no matter how bad or how painful it is to have it removed.  Just yesterday I was reminded of this.  I told you I would tell you a little story of mine about forgiveness and healing.

As I said, I thought that I was doing much better in my Christian walk, when all of a sudden it came to my mind that there was someone who has wronged me terribly and that there was something in my heart that wasn't right towards them.  This wrong has gone on being duplicated over and over, so it is deep seeded in my mind and heart.  I started searching my heart for the problem and praying over and over for the Lord to show me MY heart and the wrong that was there.  I discovered that the other party does not have to ask to be forgiven for me to be able to forgive them.  This kind of forgiveness comes from a heart that Jesus occupies and I for sure want Him to be in my heart and so I spent some time pleading with God to put a forgiving spirit in my heart.  I didn't notice anything spectacular happening, and I was a little down all day over it, knowing I had hidden those feelings for so long, years.  It reminds me of the blog I did recently of harboring feelings for thirty eight years, remember it?  Well, perhaps that is why some of these ailments have come upon me, it does cause illness of all kinds when we harbor resentments in our hearts for so long.  It eats away at us.

2 Chronicles 7:14  This is God speaking, "If My people who are call by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Matthew 6:14,15  "For if you forgive men their trespasses , your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Do I want my sins forgiven, yes of course so very much, then I must forgive, even if the same thing keeps going on and on in my life.  I also want God's healing in my life especially Spiritual healing and if He brings more Physical healing, I will be ever so grateful for that too.

I have been praying and seeking His will in my life as 2 Chronicles says and then it says He will hear from heaven and forgive my sin and heal.  Like I said, I didn't feel anything spectacular, but today I have peace and forgiveness in my heart and I pray that it stays there regardless of what the future holds for me.

Have you been holding something like that in your heart for years, it is a painful experience and can cause all kinds of illness, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, and many more.  I pray that my little story has helped you realize that no matter who we are, we need God's presence in our life so He can speak to us by impressing our hearts and minds of the cleansing that we need.  I may never again feel that I have made it Spiritually, as I see how human I am and frail in my Christian experience. You can pray for me too, as I pray for each of you each day.  Hold on to Jesus, don't hold on to your resentments. There is healing in His name
for all sin, no matter how hideous it is. Do we have a healing Jesus, YES, WE DO.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment