Saturday, March 15, 2014

Are We Contented Christians?

The dictionary says content means satisfied.  Being satisfied with where we are, what we are doing and what we have is a major thing with God.  He wants us to be contented and happy especially in our walk with Him.  Do you know that I have been doing this blog for almost a year?  It has brought me great pleasure and peace and I believe it has brought me great happiness and contentment.  I don't know who some of you are but I pray that it has done the same for you.  I love doing it because it has lifted me up into heavenly places and has helped me see myself as I really am, a sinner in need of His grace.

Are you contented with your walk with Jesus?  Am I?  The Apostle Paul has some great admonition for us on this subject.  Not just in our walk with Him but in everything.

Hebrews 13:5,6 "Let your conduct be without covetousness, be content with such things as you have, for He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you'.  So we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"  Is that contentment?  I think so. He is always there right by our side, so what do we have to be concerned about?  Nothing if we believe Him.

1 Timothy 6:6-8  "Now godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content."
I agree with Paul that godliness with contentment is great gain.  As I have been  studying and sharing with you it has brought me closer to Jesus and I see that it has brought with it contentment which is great gain.

I ask you this morning to join me in my walk with Jesus, it is such a peaceful contented feeling, I know we are not suppose to go on feelings but it does bring peace and contentment and happiness when we put Him first in our life and share Him with others.  It is a great way to live and have the peace of God in our hearts along with all the other gifts that He wants to give us.  Please join me in walking with Him and enjoying His companionship.  What greater joy can we have?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment