Sunday, March 9, 2014

What Are My Desires?

Are my desires on the level with God's desires for me?  I hope so and I am pretty sure that my greatest desires are in His will, but maybe not, I think that I need to think about them this morning, I feel prompted to check out my heart's desires and see if what His desires for me co-inside with my desires.  See what you think about your desires as we study this out.

My greatest desire is not for myself but to see my children and grandchildren and great grandchildren saved in God's kingdom.  I even have a great, great grandchild that needs saving.  Check out the following text.

1 John 5:14,15  "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."

Is it His will that my children and their children etc, are saved?  In Isaiah 49:25  is the promise I need for this desire.  "But thus says the Lord, 'Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible be delivered, For I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will save your children."  So I can ask Him to save my children and their offspring and know that it is His will to do just that, right?  So that desire will be fulfilled.  I understand that everyone is a free moral person and has a free choice as to whether they will be saved or not, but God will do everything in His power to bring that about and then they have to choose.

My next greatest desire is that I will represent my Lord and Savior in the most pure and loving way, just like Jesus.  I know that it is His will to bring that about in my life, so I can count on that, can't I?

I have friends and neighbors that do not know Jesus as they should, and my desire for them is that they will learn to know and love Him. Is that within His will?  I believe it is.

My other desire is that I sell my home and be able to visit my son in Missouri for the summer and yes, I have sold my home, and if it is God's will I will spend the summer with him in Missouri.  I want to be in His will, so whether I go to Missouri or not remains to be seen, but that is my desire, God willing.

What are your desires?  Are they in God's will?  Remember the verse in 1 John 5:14,15 "And this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."  We can have confidence in Him if we ask according to His will, so I need to pray, 'thy will be done', when I seek to have my desires fulfilled, then I know that He will answer according to what is best for me.

I feel blessed knowing that when I pray in His will, I can rest in His will and know that all things will be done according to His will.  May God bless you with your desires and that they will be in His will.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment