Friday, March 28, 2014

Things That Are Sweet in the Bible"

We talked about sweet smelling things and I thought about the word sweet and figured that a study on sweet things other than smell might be quite interesting.

Proverbs 16:24  "Pleasant words are like a honey comb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."  It's very important that our words are sweet."  Psalms 19:14  "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."  If everyone's words were sweet wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to hear.  It would be such a blessing.

Psalms 119:103.104  "How sweet are Your words to my taste sweeter than honey to my mouth!  Through Your precepts, I get understanding...."  A great way for us to get sweet understanding.

Psalms 55:14  "We took sweet counsel together and walked to the house of God in the throng."  Sweet fellowship, Oh how much I miss it! Sweet counsel together, how much of that is needed today by just about everybody, me included.

Psalms 104:33,34  "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being, May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord."  When we meditate on His love and compassion towards us, it is sweet to Him and probably be sweet to us too.

Proverbs 3:24  "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet."  How many people have trouble sleeping at night?  I have had trouble sleeping and trouble going to sleep and it seems like the devil wants to bring up all kinds of thoughts to my mind that trouble me and things that I have been forgiven for, but he is cruel and ruthless and he doesn't care what happens to us but God does and so I have learned to pray out loud when this happens and it goes away, the devil is not a match for my Savior at all.  Jesus always wins.

To wind up this study on sweetness, pleasant words are sweet, God's words are sweet and we get sweet understanding from them.  Christian counsel is sweet, and fellowship with Christians of like faith is sweet.  It is also sweet to meditate on His love and compassion towards us.  And sound sweet sleep is so refreshing when you wake up after a nights rest like that.  To sleep without fear is great too.  I was robbed last year while I was gone and I am so glad that I never was afraid to sleep after that and I'm still not.  It was my troublesome thoughts that were annoying me.  But I nipped that in the bud too.  Sleep is so important to good health and I know what it is like to only get three or four hours a night for a long time when my husband was ill.  So friends sleep well, enjoy the sweetness that the Bible offers us.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment