Sunday, July 2, 2017

More on the Book of Ephesians

The promises in Ephesians is worth spending time on, most are self explanatory but I will probably help if I can.  I don't know a lot but I count on God to help me with my thoughts and really I guess you would say they are His thoughts in my language.  I always pray before I type and I expect God to come through with the thoughts He wants expressed.  I pray they are not my thoughts at all.

Ephesians 2:13  "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

Ephesians 2:14-21  "Fo this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith: that you being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen."

We should bow our knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, unless we are not able.  He will grant us according to His riches in glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in our inner self, that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith and we being rooted and grounded in love that we may be able to know the full extent of the love of Christ which passes all our knowledge and that we may be filled with the fullness of God.  How many want to be filled with the fullness of God?  I do.  Then he says, 'Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or even think, according to the power that works in us, the power working in us should be the Holy Spirit's power if we are in Christ and we will glorify Christ because it will be Him doing it in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment