Friday, July 28, 2017

Promises from the gook of Psalm - Study 2

I am going to include some of David's prayers since they are so meaningful and also for the fact that He pleads with God in such a practical manner.  These verses are one of David's prayers and also include praise too, which I think we lack in our prayers.  I know I do, but I try to remember to thank Him for the blessings He pours out in my life.  There are so many.  

Psalm 18:1-3  "I will love You, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer.  My God, my strength in Whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies."

This is a prayer full of praise, a good thing for us to follow when we are talking to God.

Psalm 19:7-11  "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.  More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.  Moreover, by them, your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is a great reward."

If we read these verses and really believed them, how different our life would be!  We would be converted, we would be wise, we would be rejoicing, we would have our minds enlightened, we would reverence God more because He is clean, enduring forever and His judgments are true and righteous altogether.  We should desire them more than gold and they are sweeter than honey and we are warned by them and there is a great reward.

Psalm 20:6  "Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand."

Psalm 25:9  "The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way."

He will guide the humble in justice and also teach the humble His way.  What wonderful ways to receive His guidance and counsel.  Just be humble in the sight of the Lord and treat all people with kindness and humility.

Psalm 32:1  "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit."

Do you want to be blessed?  I'm sure you do and this verse tells us when we repent of our sin is, it's covered by His blood.  That's what makes being forgiven so special because He gave His life to be able to do that.  That's what I have learned by my studies.  May you be blessed with forgiveness too.  It is a great and wonderful experience.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment