Sunday, July 2, 2017

Promises from the Book of Philippians

If only we would believe His promises and trust Him with our lives, it is impossible to comprehend what God would be able to do for us and through us.  Just sit back and concentrate on the following verses and try to imagine what God is trying to tell us.  Ask Him for more faith.  Ask Him to help you trust Him more.  That's the only way that I know to increase our faith is to ask Him for that increase.
Philippians has several pertinent promises that if believed would make our life a lot better and more useful to God and to our fellowman.  Let's check them out.

Philippians 1:6  "Being confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."  Is this saying that Christ will complete the work He has started in us?  If so, what are we waiting for?  I hope I don't wait too long, I almost feel that it is an emergency to get on with our life with Christ.

Philippians 3:20,21  "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself."
He will do whatever we need done according to His working in us.  Our home is in heaven waiting for us and we eagerly wait for Jesus to come and get us. It is Christ who will transform our lowly body to be conformed to His glorious body when He comes.  What a beautiful thought!

Philippians 4:6,7  "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Don't be anxious about things, but in everything by prayer and pleading, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Don't worry about anything or be anxious.  Yesterday, I received some startling news from my doctor's office saying that I should stick close to the hospital because my heart was acting up on my night monitor.  We had planned on going out of town for ten days and they told me it was risky.  The call put me in a very anxious state, which I have been very contented knowing I am getting a new heart valve soon.  But right now I am in a risky state.  My anxiety level zoomed upward.  Now I am trying to bring it back to the trust and believe state that God wants me in.  Be anxious for nothing.  The date is just two weeks away and I know God can protect me and keep me in a good frame of mind for that long and much longer in fact.

Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  See I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  See, He will strengthen me to do all things and supply all my need according to His riches in glory.  What else could I ask for?  I can't think of anything else, can you?  Grandma Joan

PS.  I had a heart Aorta Valve transplant and it is working fine and was home the third day.  Thank you all who prayed for my transplant success.  I'm still tired, just had it Wednesday so it will take a couple of weeks to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment