Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Promises from the book of 1 Timothy

I am so grateful to be here today to share God's word with you.  I just want you to know from my point of view, 'God is a great God and in Him is no variableness and we can trust Him with our lives and even in death. I didn't know whether my surgery on my heart valve would be a success other than God had impressed me that I would come through it and I would be around for a while yet.  He has something for me to do.  I think one of the somethings is blogging and I know He is blessing my blog and will bless it more.'  I hope you are enjoying the promises from the Bible, there are lots more to come, but since through His promises we will become partakers of His Divine Nature I thought I should share His promises to us so that we could become sharers of His promises and let others know what He has done for us.  That is my desire.

1 Timothy1:14-16  "And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into this the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.  However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all long=suffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life."  Do any of you remember what Paul's life was like before His conversion? He was killing the Christians hauling them off to prison and to death.  He was on His way to Damascus to do His job there when He was struck down on the road and a bright light blinded him and Jesus asked him why he was persecuting Him and he said, 'who are you lord?' and Jesus said, 'I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.' He gave him instructions of what to do and Paul who was Saul obeyed.  Now if Jesus can save a murderer, can He save you?  Of course He can.  He is more than willing to save us, whoever we are, that is why He came to this world, to save sinners like me, like you and like Paul.

1 Timothy 3:16  "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:  God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit. seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, received up in glory."  Yes, great is the mystery of godliness.  It is a wonderful mystery, how it happens, I don't know, but I do know I have been filled with love for my fellow man and I never had love like this before.  Of course I loved my family, but I really didn't know what true love of Jesus was. It indeed is a mystery, how He plants His love in our hearts and we let it shine to others all around us, how it permeates the atmosphere around us is absolutely a mystery, but it does happen.  I can testify to that abundantly."

1 Timothy 6:12  "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."  I believe we have to fight the good fight of faith, because the devil is out there wanting to destroy our faith but we can cling to Christ who is our strength and will keep us in His care.  I believe this with all my heart.  He has certainly proved that to me and I love Him more and more because of what He has done for me in claiming His promises.  He will do the same for you. I know He will.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment