Sunday, July 2, 2017

Promises from 2nd Thessalonians

These two promises I can relate to very well.  I was so unnerved when I went to the hospital this last week, but the pastor and my two children and a friend came to be with me and they all laid hands on me and the Pastor prayed for me and a peace came over me that I am not sure if I ever felt a peace like that before.  It was wonderful.  When they rolled me into the operating room, I was happy and peaceful and looking around and they didn't put me out, just made me sleepy and the Doctor talked to me through it all.  I'm so thankful to have a new valve and will feel better in a couple of weeks.  Praise the Lord, He is faithful and does guard us from the evil one.

2 Thessalonians 3:3-5  "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.  And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and in to the patient waiting for Christ."  He never fails us.

2 Thessalonians 3:16  "Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way.  The Lord be with you all."  A peace that passes all understanding.

Most of 2 Thessalonians is instruction rather than promises but I found these and they are good.  This is a short study but a good one for me because of what I have gone through. He has never failed me and never will, I know.  Please trust Him and see what He will do for you.  Remember these promises are on condition that we spend time in His presence and surrender our will to Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment