Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Promises from the Book of 1 John - Study 3

The Book of First John is so full of instruction and promises and I don't want to leave anything out that will be a promise that you and I can hang on to.  We may have one or two more studies on it.

1 John 3:14  "We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brethren.  He who does not love his brother abides in death."

God thinks it is very important that we love others because He has said that we should love our enemies.  I know that is hard to do, it is hard for me, it takes constant prayer to be able to love your enemies.  I mean every time a thought that is not loving, we need to ask God to remove it.  He will answer a prayer like that.  I know because I have asked Him to give me love some people and He has.  He has caused me to be kind when I didn't think I could so don't be afraid to ask Him for His help.

1 John 3:21,22  "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.  And whatever we ask, we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."

This is a beautiful promise.  It tells me that if my heart does not condemn me, I will have confidence toward God and when I ask anything from Him I will receive it because I keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight.  God is so merciful that He will point out our sins and cause us to ponder on what He is impressing us within our hearts what we should forsake or what we should do.  If we ask Him to reveal our sins to us, He is more than happy to do that, because He knows that we are sincere and want to please Him.

1 John 4:2  "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God."

There are some people that do not believe in Christ at all and then there are some that believe He was just a good man or a prophet.  But we know that He is the Son of God and came in the flesh to die for us that we may be saved.

1 John 4:4  last part "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

1 John 4:7  "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who  loves is born of God and knows God."  Loving others is so important to God.

1 John 4:12,13  "No one has seen God at any time.  If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.  By this, we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit."

It would be wonderful to have His love perfected in us, wouldn't it?  I must pray more for His kind of love, I truly want His love perfected in me.  I hope you do too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment