Thursday, July 13, 2017

Promises from the Book of James - 2nd study

The first study on James was a wonderful study and this 2nd one will be just as good.  I hope you are enjoying them.

James 4:6-8  "But He gives more grace.  Therefore He says; God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.  Therefore submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded."

God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.  Humility is a godly trait of character we know, and if we resist the devil he will flee from us and if we draw nigh to God, He will draw night to us if we cleanse our hands and purify our hearts.  A double minded person is an unstable person and should pray for stability.

James 4:10  "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up."  If we humble ourselves in His sight, He will lift us up.  Again, humility is mentioned.

James 5:14,15  "Is anyone among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.  And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."

God has been very good and faithful to me to bring me through my last heart valve surgery and I was home in two days.  I am so thankful for His loving care over me.  I know He used the skill of the doctor that did the procedure and blessed his hands as he worked on me.  I am so grateful, so very grateful.  You can have the same results when prayer is offered in your behalf.  If you belong to a church and they have elders, ask them to pray over you and the prayer of faith will save the sick and you will be forgiven of all your sins.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment