Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Promises from the Book of 1 John - 2nd study

Did you enjoy the promises from 1 John yesterday?  I thought they were very beneficial.  I am all for improving my life in any way I can, spiritually, that is.   I hope you are catching some of my enthusiasm, and are enjoying the promises that I have found throughout the Bible.  May God bless you with them.

1 John 2:10  "He who loves His brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him."  An amazing promise, but loving our brother, high or low in life is not always easy and is never easy without God's help.

1 John 2:17  (last part)  "He who does the will of God abides forever."

1 John 2:20  "But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and know all things."

Anointing means 'set apart', the promise says that we have an anointing from the Holy One, and that we know all things.  Also, he who does the will of God abides forever.  We know that God cannot pour out His Spirit on a sinful person, only as a means of drawing him to Him.  But if we are abiding in Him than we can claim these promises.  I love them.

1 John 2:27  "But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.  Very self -explained.

1 John 2:28,29  "And now little children, abide in Him, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.   If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him."  I am sure that we all know that.

1 John 3:1-3  "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!  Therefore the world does not know us because it did not know Him.  Beloved, now we are children of God' and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.  And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

What kind of love is this that we should be called children of God?  We don't know what we will be but we do know that when He is revealed, we will be like Him and see Him just as He is.  If we have this hope, we will purify ourselves just as He is pure.  God does the purifying because we are abiding in Him.

1 John 3:6,7  "Whoever abides in Him does not sin.  Whoever sins has neither seen Him or known Him.  Little children, let no one deceive you.  He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

I am very sure from my study of the sin problem that it is talking about practicing KNOWN sin.  If we know something is sin and do it anyway, to him it is a known sin.  Just like he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.  

This has been a very good and special study.  It is wonderful to be called a child of God.  We are admonished to purify ourselves and we can only do that if we abide in Him and let Him do the purifying.  We are told that the hardest thing for us to do is to surrender our lives to God and let Him live in us, and I believe that with all my heart because it has been hard for me to let Him have control of my whole being, my actions, words, thoughts and anything else that I need to surrender.  With His strength I am able to let Him do that but there are times I want to do what I want to do and He has to subdue my heart back into surrender.  So don't give up, hang in there and let God do for you what you cannot do for yourself.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment